Many students find the following question difficult (Cambridge IELTS 4, page 55):
Happiness is considered very important in life.
Why is it difficult to define?
What factors are important in achieving happiness?
Here are some ideas from my ebook.
- Happiness means different things to different people.
- It can be described as a feeling of pleasure or enjoyment.
- People enjoy spending time with family and friends.
- Hobbies, sports and games can be a source of fun and enjoyment.
- Some people see money as a source of happiness.
- Other people define happiness as something deeper.
- They need to feel that they are doing something useful with their lives.
- Some people get a sense of achievement from their work.
- Others find happiness in bringing up their children.
I'll show you how I would write an essay for this question next week.