Can you find and correct the mistakes in each of the introductions below? Why do you think people make mistakes in their introductions?
- The bar chart illustrates that the trend of call types in the united kingdom for 8 years from 1995 to 2002.
- The bar chart compares the figures in terms of minutes spent on telephone calls, splitted into three types.
- The bar chart gives information about telephone calls. It is in three types Local, National & International and Mobile call minutes from year 1995 to 2002 in UK.
- The graph compares the total using time of 3 call types in the UK over a 7-year period from 1995.
- The bar chart presents the amount of phone calls in billion of minutes make in the UK over a period of seven years into the categories of local, national/international and mobile phone calls.
To avoid mistakes, keep your introduction simple, like mine:
The bar chart compares the amount of time spent by people in the UK on three different types of phone call between 1995 and 2002.