If you're preparing for a writing or speaking topic, I recommend doing an Internet search for ideas first.
To find ideas for yesterday's speaking questions, I typed the phrase "what makes a good adviser" into Google, and found this webpage. Look at some of the great language that we can steal from it:
- turning to an adviser
- a wise choice
- make decisions with more confidence
- the decision requires expertise
- use knowledge and experience
- make an informed decision
- some qualities are characteristic of good advisers
- trustworthy, someone you can trust
- possesses a strong base of knowledge
Remember: the key to high speaking and writing scores is good vocabulary, so topic research is a vital part of your IELTS preparation.