I've just watched the following presentation about better communication. I was planning to create a quick vocabulary exercise about it, but I've changed my mind. I think we can learn a lot more than just vocabulary from this speaker.
If you have time to do some 'real work', here's what I suggest you could do:
- Watch the video once, all the way through. What was the main message that you took from the presentation after listening once?
- Watch again, and take notes on the content of the talk. What does the speaker say about: 1) approach 2) audience 3) context 4) structure?
- What other communication techniques does the speaker use? For example, why does he begin the talk by saying "people hate me"?
- Focusing on the part about 'structure', do you notice any similarities with the 'structures' that I recommend for IELTS speaking and writing?
- Finally, perhaps you could compile a list of the good collocations and phrases that the speaker uses. His talk is full of good language.
The video is 16 minutes long, but I think you could spend hours studying it. I hope to read your ideas in the 'comments' below.