Instead of writing five different essays, have you considered rewriting one essay five times?
Most people don't like rewriting essays because it seems boring. And the people who do rewrite essays usually only do this because they need to correct grammar mistakes.
But good rewriting is about more than just grammar corrections; there are many other things that you could improve, such as:
- how well you address the question
- clarity of your position
- sentences or phrases that are vague or irrelevant
- level of detail in your explanations
- overall paragraph structure
- paragraph movement
- coherence between neighbouring sentences
- repetition and variety of vocabulary
- use of connectives to link sentence clauses
- anything else that 'tightens up' your writing
Imagine how much you could learn if you rewrote one essay five times (or more!) to address all of these areas.
You'll need help from a teacher to do this properly. Show him or her this lesson so that you both understand what you're aiming to do.
This is the kind of hard work that most people aren't prepared to do. But it's the kind of work that yields real results!