Take another look at the phrases in this vocabulary lesson. Choose five of the phrases and put them into Google. It's interesting to see some other examples of how those phrases have been used in non-IELTS contexts.
For example, here are the results of my Google search for the highlighted parts of each sentence below.
- Opinions differ as to whether Edward Snowden should be punished or rewarded.
- Is poverty a necessary aspect of capitalism?
- More money does not lead to better educational outcomes.
- Scientists say yoga is just as beneficial as cardio exercise and could fend off heart disease.
- You want your employees to be able to apply the knowledge acquired from the training programs.