Here are some sentences that people wrote about the "homework" topic that I shared with you in last week's lesson. Can you correct the mistakes and improve the sentences?
- Fierce debates have been provoked if assignments ought to be done by students.
- Although there are some merits of doing homework, I would argue that homework is not as vital as the public reckons.
- They always garner the top scores in every competition of major subjects.
- There are people who argue the benefits of getting rid of homework from the students.
- Since home work is gainful for students, teachers need to ensure that they are not burdening students with excessive tasks.
- Children in school prefer to undergo everything what they learn rather than try hard in homework.
Note: Apart from any grammar mistakes, each of the sentences above contains a word or phrase that doesn't work in the context. Can you identify the vocabulary problem in each sentence?