Let's try a new technique: to describe the life cycle below, simply answer the six questions written below it. Don't worry about the introduction or overview; we can add those later.
The diagram below shows the life cycle of a salmon, from egg to adult fish.
Write your description of the diagram by answering the following questions:
- Where and in what form do salmon begin their lives?
- When the young salmon emerge from eggs, where are they reared?
- Before swimming to the ocean, where do the young fish migrate to?
- What happens to salmon during their time in the ocean?
- Where do the adult fish then travel to, and why?
- What happens that completes the cycle?