Looking at the conclusions that people wrote below last week's lesson (here), I noticed that many people wrote more than one sentence.
- The job of a conclusion is to quickly repeat and summarise your overall response to the question.
- Don't include any detailed reasons or new ideas.
- Your conclusion won't really help or change your score. The main paragraphs are much more important.
- One sentence is definitely enough.
- Instead of writing a longer conclusion, use any extra time to check your essay or to improve the main body paragraphs.
So here's my conclusion for last week's essay:
In conclusion, I would argue that people should be free to enjoy extreme sports as long as they understand the risks and take the appropriate precautions.