The best way to answer the question below depends on your own personal experience of traditional and religious festivals in your country.
Most people have forgotten the meaning behind traditional or religious festivals; during festival periods, people nowadays only want to enjoy themselves. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Last week I recommended that we should start by thinking of some examples before we decide how to answer this question. I'm English, so the easiest examples for me are: Christmas and Easter (religious festivals), Halloween and Bonfire Night (traditional festivals). Now let's look at two possible ways that I could answer.
- Introduction: completely agree
- Paragraph about religious festivals
- Paragraph about traditional festivals
- Introduction: partly agree - people mainly want to enjoy themselves, but we do still remember the meaning behind festivals
- Paragraph about people enjoying festivals
- Paragraph about remembering the meaning
Both approaches are equally good, but which one would you find easiest?