Here are 9 different ways to use practice reading tests.
- Do a full one-hour test to see what score you get.
- Do a full test with no time limit (or a longer time limit, like 2 hours).
- Do just one reading passage in 20 minutes.
- Do one reading passage with no time limit (or longer than 20 minutes).
- Work on a particular type of question only e.g. true, false, not given.
- Do tests with the help of a dictionary, and see if that helps you score.
- Simply read a full passage and see what you understand. Don't do the questions.
- Get the answers from the back of the book, and try to prove why they are correct.
- Make vocabulary lists and 'keyword' tables.
Instead of just testing yourself, try to use practice tests in a variety of ways. This will make your study time less boring, and you'll probably learn more. Maybe you can think of other creative ways to use practice tests.