Here are my correct versions of the sentences in Thursday's lesson:
- In 1985, Canada exported about 19 million tonnes of wheat.
- The figure for Australia was lower, at 15 million tonnes.
- In 1988, the amount of wheat exported by Canada increased by about 5 million tonnes.
And here are some good phrases from last week's General Writing letter:
- the proposed closure
- stress how important something is
- on a daily basis
- which they enjoy immensely
- an integral part of the local community
- a social hub in the town
- lose a treasured facility
- within a reasonable distance
- have a detrimental effect on
- quality of life
- take these concerns into consideration
Note: The phrases above are not only useful for GT task 1. You might be able to use them in writing task 2 or in the speaking test.