Here are some phrases (parts of sentences) that people wrote below Thursday's writing task 1 lesson. Can you find and correct the mistakes?
Note: I'm focusing here on the parts of people's sentences that contained a problem. Don't worry about the information that I've missed out.
- The highest numbers of sales were 3 million Euros and 15 million Euros respectively.
- The highest sales figures for Fairtrade coffee and bananas was recorded in Switzerland.
- Switzerland was earning 15 million euros of fairtrade bananas.
- ...with the sales figures for coffee and bananas stood at 3 million Euros and 15 million Euros respectively.
- Switzerland was the highest sales in fairtrade of coffee and bananas.
In case you didn't see it, here's my correct version:
In 1999, Switzerland had the highest figures for sales of both Fairtrade coffee and Fairtrade bananas, with 3 million and 15 million Euros of sales for the two respective products.