Try following these steps when doing multiple choice questions:
- Read the question and underline the "keywords" - these are the words that you will try to find in the passage (the main words that give the meaning of the question).
- Read the choices and underline one or two keywords for each one. Focus on words that make the difference between each choice.
- Go to the passage and look for the keywords from the question.
- When you have found the right part of the passage, look for keywords from the choices.
- Read the relevant part of the passage carefully, comparing it to each choice.
- To be sure you have the right answer, you should be able to show that the other answer choices are wrong.