« Students' questions |
| IELTS Reading: video lesson »
Here are a few articles about New Year's resolutions. You might find them interesting, but if you don't, you'll definitely find some good vocabulary in there.
Britain's most popular New Year's resolutions
Tips for success
Alternative resolutions for children
Posted by Simon in Questions/Advice | Permalink
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.
• Cutting back on alcohol was also a popular New Year’s resolution amongst the respondents, with 19% admitting that this is their hope for the New Year.
• Consumer savings on online shopping via MyVoucherCodes.co.uk up from £28m in 2008 to £52m in 2009.
• “It is clear from the results that living a healthier lifestyle is the main aim for most next year; with losing weight, drinking less alcohol, joining a gym and quitting smoking being the top four popular resolutions.
• The New Year provides a great time to start these new health routines, particularly after the indulgence =pleasure that Christmas brings.”
• Likewise, women might be reluctant to tell others about their resolutions, and so benefit more from the social support.
• encourage the children ALL year round not just AT Christmas .
• but only doing so at Christmas also means that for the other 11 months it's OK to be selfish and not bother about those less fortunate or in need or to help around the house.
• A new project being piloted by the British Humanist Association wants to turn the festive season into something more socially directed.
• Pilot project
Sunday, January 05, 2014 at 21:00
Thank you for sharing the post. Some good tips regarding children like teaching a younger sister or brother the favorite sport or game or de-mudding the family's shoes.
I think, no matter how many times we end up breaking our resolutions , "should never give up "!!
Sunday, January 05, 2014 at 22:14
Can you please share some tips on improving spellings.
Monday, January 06, 2014 at 05:00
Here is a topic in Speaking part2
Describe a place you have worked or studied
Where it was
When you studied / worked there
What did you learn
How you felt about it
Can I describe a library i have been to ?
Tuesday, January 07, 2014 at 01:57
some tips in writing task1:
+ weight loss was the most popular New Year’s resolution; with 24% of respondents labelling this as their resolution for 2011.
+Cutting back on alcohol was also a popular New Year’s resolution amongst the respondents, with 19% admitting that this is their hope for the New Year.
+It is clear from the results that living a healthier lifestyle is the main aim for most next year; with losing weight, drinking less alcohol, joining a gym and quitting smoking being the top four popular resolutions
Tuesday, January 07, 2014 at 03:22
What is the mean of‘finally pop the question to their girlfriend.’?
Tuesday, January 07, 2014 at 06:09
Describe something that produced from your country ...hmm what I can say .. I have no idea..plz tell me
Friday, January 24, 2014 at 06:51
its really good articles regarding resolution n also good vocabulary
Thursday, January 01, 2015 at 16:13
This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.
The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.
As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.
Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.
(You can use HTML tags like <b> <i> and <ul> to style your text. URLs automatically linked.)
(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)
Name is required to post a comment
Please enter a valid email address