The following video is part of a documentary about the issue of advertising to children. As well as being good listening practice, the ideas in the video are really useful for IELTS writing and speaking.
Watch the video and fill the gaps in the summary below.
- Marketers have children in their sights because of their increasing ______ power.
- Children spend money on everything from clothes to music to ______.
- They directly influence the amount of adult ______.
- Marketers have studied the phenomenon of ______.
- Advertisers know that children have a lot of power in the ______.
- Children are bombarded with over 3000 ______ messages every day.
- Companies want to get brand ______ for life.
- They want to convince children that life is about ______.
- They want to turn children into ______ customers.
If you can't see the video, listen to the recording below.