Should you write "most people", "most of people" or "most of the people"?
- Don't write "most of people".
- "Most of the people" is correct when you are talking about a specific group of people e.g. most of the people in my department.
- For IELTS writing and speaking "most people" is the best phrase.
Here are some examples for IELTS Writing:
- English is taught in most countries. (most of countries)
- Most people agree that the ability to speak English is a useful skill.
- Most products are made in factories rather than by hand.
- Crime is on the increase in most major cities.