In part 1 of the speaking test, the examiner will ask around 10 easy questions. However, students have reported some strange questions, such as:
- Do you like parks?
- Do you think different colours can change our moods?
- When do people give flowers in your country?
Don't be shocked by these questions. Just give a simple answer with a reason. Don't worry about using fantastic grammar or vocabulary; just try to answer without hesitating. For example:
- Yes, I like parks because they are great places to relax. I think all cities need green areas.
- Yes, I think bright colours, like red, can make you feel energetic. Some greens and blues can be more relaxing.
- People give flowers on special occasions like birthdays or on Valentine's Day. In my country, giving flowers is seen as romantic.