Task 2 questions often ask you to Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Here's how I structure a 4-paragraph essay for this kind of question:
1. Introduction (2 sentences):
- First introduce the topic. I often begin with the phrase "People have different views about...".
- In the second sentence, mention both views and your own opinion. I often use the word "although" in this sentence e.g. Although there are good arguments in favour of..., I personally believe that...
2. The first view
3. The second view (I make it clear that I agree with this view)
4. Conclusion: summarise both views and your own opinion
Please share any 'discuss both views' questions that you find difficult in the comments area below. I'll choose one question to look at next week.