I occasionally re-post old lessons (to give the creative part of my brain a break!). Here's a lesson from 2010 that you might find interesting. I apologise if you've done the exercise before.
Fill the gaps in the sentences below.
- How many people are trying to learn English ______? Two billion of them.
- Learning English can give people the ______ for a better life, a job, to be able to pay for school, or ______ better food on the table.
- With English you can become part of a ______ conversation, a global conversation about global problems.
- English is becoming the language of ______ ______.
- English represents hope for a better future, where the world has a ______ language to solve its ______ problems.