Spelling mistakes can affect your score in the listening and writing tests. If you have a problem with spelling, here are some tips:
- Type your essays: your computer will find your spelling mistakes.
- When writing by hand, use a dictionary to check difficult words.
- Keep a list: write down any mistakes your computer/teacher finds.
- Memorise: learn difficult words by heart.
- Test yourself on words you previously spelt wrongly.
- Never give your teacher an essay that you haven't checked.
If you find that spelling is a big problem, you should work on it every day. Keep a notebook or put posters on your walls. If you do nothing, you will not improve; there is no secret rule that will suddenly solve the problem!