A few things to remember when the graph or chart shows countries:
- If the question doesn't name the countries (e.g. "in three countries"), you could name them in your introduction (e.g. "in Britain, France and Germany"). You could even write "in three countries, namely Britain, France and Germany".
- Don't forget the word "the" when writing about "the USA" and "the UK".
- Always compare the countries; never describe the figures for each country in separate paragraphs.
Finally, try to vary the way you write about countries. For example:
- The number of elderly people in the USA rose.
- Canada also saw a rise in the number of elderly people.
- However, the figure for Australia fell.