Describe a vehicle you would like to buy in the future. You should say
- what kind of vehicle it is
- what you would use it for
- and why you would like to buy it.
Here's my sample answer:
- If I had the money, I’d like to buy my own helicopter. I recently saw a TV programme about someone who flew around in his own helicopter, and I remember thinking that it would be great to have one. The helicopter on the programme was a small, blue, two-seater and it seemed quite easy to fly - that's the kind of thing I'd like to buy.
- Ideally, I’d use my helicopter instead of a car. First, I’d need to learn to fly it, but then I’d use it to go on short trips or holidays. It would be fantastic to be able to avoid traffic jams, and get everywhere in a fraction of the time it normally takes. I’d take friends and family sightseeing, over cities or mountain tops, and maybe I could even use it to do the shopping!
- The reason I’d like to buy a helicopter is that you can park one almost anywhere. You don’t need to find a runway or an airport like you would for a plane. So I’d be able to park my helicopter in my garden - if I had a bigger garden. Also, I’ve always been intrigued by those helipads on the tops of tall buildings - I think it would be fun to land on top of a building. A helicopter probably isn’t a realistic choice of vehicle, but you never know - I might win the lottery!
PS. You should also have a look at Martin's sample answers in the comments area below this lesson.