Some IELTS reading questions cause problems because of difficult vocabulary.
Read the following sentences from Cambridge IELTS 4, page 46.
- We've had a tradition of doctors being fairly powerful and I guess they are pretty loath to allow any pretenders to their position to come into it.
- A better educated and less accepting public has become disillusioned with the experts in general, and increasingly sceptical about science.
- Those surveyed had experienced chronic illnesses, for which orthodox medicine had been able to provide little relief.
Find the words in the sentences above which have the following meanings:
- long-term or persistent
- having doubts or reservations
- reluctant or unwilling
- conventional or normal
- disappointed when something is not as good as you thought it was