In Part 2 of IELTS Speaking, you might be asked to describe a website that you use:
Describe a website that you often use. You should say:
- what type of website it is
- how you found out about it
- what it allows you to do, and why you find it useful.
Here are some ideas, with some of the band 7-9 vocabulary underlined:
- Facebook is a social networking website. It's a free website that allows you to keep in contact with friends or find people you've lost touch with. It's one of the most popular websites in the world, with millions of users in different countries.
- All of my friends use Facebook. One of my friends sent me an email inviting me to join. I signed up and I've been using it ever since.
- Facebook allows you to keep up to date with what friends are doing. You have a profile page with information and status updates so that you can tell everyone what you're doing. You can post messages to other people's pages. You can upload photos and videos. I find Facebook most useful for organising my life, keeping in touch with friends and storing photos. I think social networking websites have become part of everyday life.