For 'agree or disagree' essays, do you think you should give both sides of the argument or just one side? The answer is that you can do either.
A) Essay structure for one side of the argument:
- Introduction: topic + your opinion (either agree or disagree)
- First idea to support your opinion
- Second idea to support your opinion
- Conclusion: repeat your opinion
B) Essay structure for giving both sides:
- Introduction: topic + say that you 'partly agree'
- On the one hand,...
- On the other hand,...
- Conclusion: repeat that you accept elements of both arguments
Remember: it's very important to get the introduction right. This tells the examiner whether you are going to give one side of the argument or both sides.