Maybe you read my line graph essay last week, but did you really study it?
Here's some example analysis of last week's essay:
- Structure - 4 paragraphs: introduction, overview, 2 specific details
- Paraphrasing - proportion of the population = percentage of people (find more examples)
- Overview - overall trend, then biggest change
- Selecting key information - first year (1940), middle years (1990, early 2000s), end of period (2030 to 2040)
- Comparing - in each country, most dramatic, and, compared to, by contrast, while, slightly lower, respectively (analyse my sentences to learn how to use these words correctly)
- Verbs - compares, increases, is expected to see, were, rose, remained... (look carefully at the use of tenses)
It's possible to read model essays quickly and learn a little. It's also possible to spend a long time studying them carefully and learn a lot!