Several people have asked me about the following question from Cambridge IELTS book 4.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
Usually I recommend writing 4 paragraphs, but for this question I think I would write 5 paragraphs:
- Introduction: state which 3 media you are going to write about (e.g. books, radio, TV), and say which you think is most effective (e.g. television).
- Advantages and disadvantages of books.
- Advantages and disadvantages of radio.
- Advantages and disadvantages of TV (mention again that you consider this the most effective).
- Conclusion: summarise and repeat your opinion.
Maybe you can share your ideas about the advantages and disadvantages of these 3 media, and I’ll use them to write an essay for next week’s lesson.