Several students have asked me about globalisation recently. Here's a video I put on the site nearly 2 years ago. I think the speaker presents some useful ideas about the positives of globalisation.
I've summarised some of the benefits of globalisation below. Use the video to help you fill the gaps.
1. Globalisation extends cooperation across ______ boundaries.
2. Trade increases, and growth can extend to all ______ of the world.
3. People are raised out of ______.
4. Larger markets increase the ______ to produce new ideas.
5. There is a greater ______ for new ideas.
6. Investments in education are increasing the ______ of new ideas.
7. Education systems are open to students from ______ ______ the world.
The speaker says that "walls have come tumbling down". This phrase is fine for speaking, but I wouldn't use it in the writing test. 'Tumbling' means 'falling'.