Yesterday I made the point that 'real content' (topic-specific words and phrases) is much more important than linking phrases. To see a good example of real content, look back to Wednesday's lesson about main body paragraphs.
Here's some of the band 7-9 vocabulary that I used:
- a defined career path
- a great sense of satisfaction
- work towards (and gradually achieve) goals
- realise an ambition
- gain the relevant qualifications
- undertake years of training
- find their work rewarding
- invest time and effort
The above phrases came from just one paragraph! To be honest, the paragraphs I wrote on Wednesday are beyond (better than) what an examiner would ever expect to read. So don't worry if you can't write paragraphs like that; just try to learn something from them.