Having opinions is really important for IELTS Speaking Part 3. Even if your grammar is excellent, you will not get a high score if you don't know what to say.
For example, do you have an opinion about whether governments should protect old buildings?
Here are some possible opinions:
- Historic buildings are part of a country’s heritage.
- Old buildings are often considered to be works of art.
- They give character to cities, and attract tourists.
- We identify countries by architectural symbols, like the pyramids in Egypt.
- Governments should spend money on looking after historic buildings.
- They need regular repairs and maintenance.
These opinions come from my 'Ideas for IELTS Topics' ebook. The sentences above are what a native speaker might say (i.e. band 7-9).