'Advertising' has been the topic of IELTS writing task 2 several times this year. It's a popular topic, so you need some ideas and opinions about it.
Here are some opinions about advertising, taken from my ebook.
- Advertising should be ______.
- Advertising ______ children should be controlled or even banned.
- Unhealthy foods should not be marketed ______ attracts children.
- Products that can be a risk to health should ______ warnings.
- However, advertising is necessary in free ______ economies.
- It creates ______ products.
- Governments should only ______ false information or products that are harmful.
Fill the gaps with these words/phrases:
market, in a way that, regulated, display, censor, demand for, aimed at
'Advertising' is uncountable (you can't say "an advertising" or "advertisings"). 'Advertising' is the name of the industry, activity or profession (like 'marketing'). 'An advertisement' (or 'advertisements') is what you see on TV, in the street, in newspapers etc.