As I've said before, the key to a high score in IELTS writing and speaking is to express relevant ideas using good vocabulary.
Did you write down the following phrases from yesterday's lesson?
- interesting and engaging
- feel involved in the lesson
- something that is relevant to them
- the teacher delivers the content
- there's no substitute for a good teacher
- the guidance of a teacher
- tell you where you're going wrong
- become less common
- study independently
- using different technologies
- rather than sitting in a classroom
- following online courses
Notice that the phrases above are all relevant to the topic. I call this 'topic vocabulary'. They are not linking phrases or phrases that you can use for any topic.
It's the topic vocabulary that gets you a high score.