More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
Here are some band 7 vocabulary ideas from my ebook for describing city problems:
- Life in cities has its drawbacks.
- The cost of living is higher than in rural areas.
- Housing is usually much more expensive.
- Homelessness and poverty are common in cities.
- There is a gap between the rich and poor.
- Life in cities can be extremely stressful.
- There are problems like traffic congestion and crime.
- Cities lack a sense of community.
- People do not even know their neighbours.
- Cities are sometimes described as “concrete jungles”.
Can you suggest any solutions to these problems? Watch yesterday's video for some ideas.