Watch this YouTube video of a student doing IELTS speaking part 2.
These are his good points:
- He speaks clearly. His pronunciation is good.
- He answers the questions.
- He sometimes corrects his own small mistakes.
These are some of the sentences he uses:
- When I was very young she told me to smile to people (should be 'at people').
- She treat everyone equally. (should be 'treats')
- I was really shy when I was young and I rarely talked to strangers, so she gave me this advice to teach me how to deal with people.
- It can increase my confidence and people will have a good impression on me. (should be 'impression of me')
As you can see, there are some small mistakes but also some good words and phrases (treat equally, I rarely talked, gave me advice, deal with people, increase my confidence, have a good impression).
What score do you think he deserves?