The following video is about what the police are doing to reduce youth crime in an area of the UK. Two solutions are given: special police teams on the streets, and a local resource centre with activities for young people.
The ideas in the video are also useful for IELTS writing task 2.
Listen and fill the gaps below:
1. Neighbourhood task teams have had an immediate impact in ______ crime.
2. They have a long-term ______ on crime levels.
3. We’re ______ anti-social behaviour.
4. We’re working with partner agencies to help ______ solutions.
5. The creation of a neighbourhood resource centre has ______ a big difference.
6. The centre offers a ______ of activities to all ages.
7. The police can work with the ______, and are seen in a whole new light.
8. There’s been a marked ______ in crime and vandalism.
9. These are important ______ to local communities.
If you can't see the video, listen to the recording below: