Today I asked my students about the vegetarianism topic. They found it quite difficult to give both sides of the argument. It's important to be able to discuss both sides of an issue, even if there are points that you don't agree with.
Here is a summary of the arguments in favour of a vegetarian diet, according to the speaker in yesterday's video:
- A vegetarian diet is healthier.
- Eating a hamburger a day can increase your risk of dying by a third.
- Raising animals in factory farm conditions is cruel.
- Meat production causes more emissions than transportation.
- Beef production uses 100 times the amount of water that vegetable production requires.
- A vegetarian diet is cheaper.
So, basically he is saying that a vegetarian diet is healthier, kinder to animals, better for the environment and cheaper.
Now you need to think about the opposite argument. Feel free to discuss your ideas in the "comments" area.
PS. I've written about this topic in my ebook.